“Friday Funny – David Suzuki goes postal” (2012-11-09). Anthony Watts re-blogs the Heartland Institute’s A Polite Discourse with Professional Climate Alarmist David Suzuki, where right-wing political hack Jim Lakely pretends that sending a Heartland Institute published rant on climate science (Roosters Of The Apocalypse: How The Junk Science Of Global Warming Nearly Bankrupted The Western World) was an attempt at “polite discourse.” (“Roosters” didn’t exactly make a splash back in February, this Bismarck Tribute review is the first real analysis that shows up in Google.)
Here’s Lakely’s attempt at polite discourse:
- He publishes and attacks a private correspondence.
- He calls Dr. Suzuki a “Professional Climate Alarmist”.
- He calls Dr. Suzuki childish.
- He puts “esteemed scientist” in sneer-quotes.
- He dismisses a renowned environmental scientist as expressing “faith-based climate views”.
- He ignores the entirety of environmental science to write “defaming people who disagree is the only trick aging alarmists like him have left.”
Here’s the note Dr. Suzuki wrote on his return-to-sender package:
“I am a scientist and I take great umbrage at being sent such a load of crap from a bullshit shill organization for the oil industry. You are the most anti-science group I can imagine.
Seems pretty accurate to me, Anthony. In fact it applies equally to you, although I suspect your motivation is garden-variety incoherent libertarianism.