“Western snow pack is well above normal, Squaw Valley sets new all time snow record” (May 18, 2011). Anthony Watts returns to his habit of noting “Snow! Somewhere!“, in this case in the Western US where it turns out there is a lot of snow this spring:
All of the western states have snowpacks that are currently 110 to over 180 percent above normal with the exception of southern Colorado!!!!!!! [OK, the exclamation marks are my addition]
Thus disproving global warming forever and showing that those climate scientists were damn liars when they said that snowpack would decline because of global warming and cause terrible water shortages. (Which raises the question: can we really trust anything the government says? Maybe this snowpack data is a trick too!)
These posts are Anthony’s way of deceiving dim-wits who fail to realise that:
- Climate change is not a uniform and linear global transition.
- This is a very small cherry-picked region of the Earth that happens to match Anthony’s agenda.
- Anthony’s trying to refute long-term predictions by drawing attention to short-term variation. (Hence his preëmptive admission that his post is from the “weather is not climate” department.)
- Increased evaporation over oceans due to the warmer temperatures results in increased precipitation over land.
- In a warmer world it’s less frequently too cold to snow (look up relative humidity).
- Anthony is quoting newspaper articles of “alarmist” warnings about declining snowpack, not the published science.
- Bet you can add a few more yourself.