“Climategate 2.0 emails – They’re real and they’re spectacular!” (2011-11-22). Remember Climategate? The stolen climate scientist e-mails that denialists tried to cherry-pick and twist into… something? Happened just before the Copenhagen climate conference. Anthony Watts and his team remember and they’re still sullenly licking their wounds over that misfire (but putting on such a brave face…).
Now we have new stolen e-mails with “new revelations!” Coincidentally, just before the Durban climate conference.
Oh. It’s just a second batch of even tamer messages from the first theft. Still, plenty of opportunities to make a fuss, tut and titter, and infer darkly. That’ll do, right Anthony? Especially since the first thing Anthony seems to have done is search for his own name. (Could vanity be the motivation behind everything Anthony’s done?)
Here are a few links on Climategate 2.0, I doubt I’ll cover what will undoubtably be a flood of outraged irrelevant posts on Anthony’s blog:
- Two-year old turkey
- Snippets of Stolen Emails Cannot Make the Earth Flat
- Stolen CRU emails: the rejects
- East Anglia SwiftHack Email Nontroversy Returns: What You Need To Know
- Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, Shame on the Media: More Stolen Emails Can’t Stop Catastrophic Global Warming, Only We Can
- There is a real climategate out there (not what you think, Anthony!)
- Climategate 2: More ado about nothing. Again.
Look for Fox News, the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and similar news organizations to credulously report the new “revelations.”