Condensed Monckton: Anthony Watts takes a break from managing Steven McIntyre’s Climate Audit blog to help fellow denialists support “Lord” Monckton’s call for e-mail harassment of Prof. John Abraham of St. Thomas University (which Monckton calls a “half-assed Catholic Bible college”). Condensed in the sense of “no need to think, just click on the handy e-mail links and start ranting!”
So what’s triggered this? Prof. Abraham released a devastating analysis of Monckton’s intentionally misleading arguments against Global Warming. Monckton’s wounded ego has led to a two-pronged response:
- A call for denialists to pester St. Thomas University to remove Prof. Abraham’s analysis. So ironic! I thought denialists were in a state of constant lividity over perceived suppression of their arguments and ‘ground-breaking research’…
- Releasing a ‘response’ that consists of 84 pages and 466 idiotic questions (5 mb PDF) on that scientific clearinghouse the denialist Science and Public Policy Institute. Yes, 466 of them. Monckton’s massive rant is getting plenty of hilarious dissection. Here are a few:
- Monckton’s response to John Abraham is magnificently bonkers by George Monbiot at the Guardian.
- I think that they might have to rename it the Monckton gallop and Why is Monckton afraid of a debate with Abraham? at Deltoid.
- This is where Eli came in and Gold amongst the dross at Rabett Run.
- And so many more that I’ve lost count…
The University of St. Thomas’ final response to Monckton, after a short e-mail exchange?
We received your email response to our June 25, 2010 letter. The University of St Thomas respects your right to disagree with Professor Abraham, just as the University respects Professor Abraham’s right to disagree with you. What we object to are your personal attacks against Father Dease, and Professor Abraham, your inflammatory language, and your decision to disparage Professor Abraham, Father Dease and The University of St Thomas.
Please be advised that neither we nor the University of St Thomas will communicate with you any further about your decision to sully the University of St. Thomas, Professor Abraham, and others rather than to focus on the scholarly differences between you and Professor Abraham.
Signed: Phyllis Karasov, Moore Costellow and Hart, P.L.L.P.
Denialists are actually casting this as proof that Monckton’s “rebuttal” has won the day!
Anthony; you’re out of your scientific depth (think playground splash pad) and you’re tying yourself to a boat anchor…
Pingback: Comment of the week « Wott's Up With That?
Comparing Monckton to a boat anchor is an insult to the anchor.
“Condensed Monckton” (WUWT, July 14, 2010)
Mind of Dan
What is the optimal temperature of the planet?
[Ooh, the pointless question that arm-chair denialists think will entangle the minds of simple-minded ‘warmists’! “The planet” doesn’t care what the temperature is. Species will come and go depending on their ability to respond to climate changes such as temperature (and regional precipitation, growing season duration, etc).
The thing is this: I’m kind of fond of homo sapiens so I want to prevent, or slow, changes that h. sapiens will have trouble coping with. Asteroid impacts? Rapid global temperature increase? Bad for me and my buddies. Lets try to control them. – Ben]
I have reported poor Monckton’s latest effusion to Harrow’s present science Master, in the hope that he will beat some sense into the old boy before he disgraces himself yet again.
[Maybe it’s the beatings that created the bellowing fool we now find so entertaining… – Ben]
Pingback: I’ve been Lenfesteyed | Wott's Up With That?
Pingback: Monckton responds to “potholer54” | Wott's Up With That?